Have your work published on the Talking Objects Blog!
What are we looking for?
- Written pieces of approximately 500 words.
- You choose an object, or a couple of objects, from the museum and discuss their significance.
- Your piece should be light hearted and engaging, aimed at a student audience. It should not be an academic essay – learned for sure, but not boring!
- You may like to set up a debate about museums and heritage – for example, should museums house objects not from their country of origin?
- Images and basic information (provenance, measurements, museum history) can be provided if necessary.
- We can also offer opportunities to handle objects and chat with a curator about your piece.
- We’re also interested in publishing pieces of art – be that photographs, poetry, a drawing or painting! Any response to an object accompanied by a short paragraph about why this is meaningful and what inspired the work.
Email email@example.com to find out more